Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Fragrant Chicken Curry

I forgot to take a picture, so here are the spices I used for this dish: cayenne pepper, curry powder, cloves, cinnamon. and ginger
2 Tbs. curry powder
1 tsp. groung ginger
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (I used an 1/8 tsp. and it was not very spicy)
2 Tbs. veg. oil
1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 rotisserie chicken, skinned and boned, meat pulled into large chunks (I always use 3 chicken chicken breats. I boil them and then cut them into large chunks)
1 (13.5 oz) can light coconut milk (I use regular, not light)
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth
fresh cilantro
cooked rice

Directions:
Mix spices together in a small bowl. Heat oil in a large pot over med-high heat. Add onions and saute until golden, about 10 minutes. Add garlic, saute about 30 seconds. Add spices, toast until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add chicken, stir until completely coated with spices. Add coconut milk, tomatoes, and broth. Bring to a simmer, cook uncovered until flavors blend and stwe is thick, about 25 minutes. Remove from heat, sprinkle with fresh clinatro and serve over hot rice.

Ryan's Review: Very good. I liked it last time she made it when she used all the cayenne pepper. This was good too, but I like it hotter.
Renee's thoughts: This is really easy to make and has a great flavor. This is one of the best currys I have ever had. I served it with fruit salad and it was a big hit. My in-laws ate with us and really liked it. If you like ethnic food, try this!

No comments: