Friday, May 16, 2008

Olive & Caper Spaghetti



Menu: Olive and Caper Spaghetti, Tossed Green Salad (Boring), Rosemary-Garlic Bread

Spaghetti:
3 T. Olive Oil
3 cloves miced garlic
1 T. capers
Olives - as many as you like
about 2 T. tomato paste
1 14-oz can of pettite diced tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste
Italian Seasoning and/or Oregano to taste

Heat oil and add garlic. Sautee garlic and then add the rest of the ingredients. Serve over thin spaghetti (or the pasta of your choice; I just happen to like think spaghetti).

This is a really easy and yummy dish. I got it out of an Italian cookbook years ago, but no longer use the recipe. I have modified it a bit and that is why some of the ingredients are a bit vague. To add a little favor you can add about a tablespoon of the olive juice to the sauce. If you do this omit the salt.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

This looks so yummy!

Ryan and Renee said...

I love this sauce. I am so happy to have this recipe! Super Yummy!!