Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Honey BBQ Chicken (it's better than it looks - this is a bad picture)

This is from our family cookbook, so I just cut and pasted it. It is originally from my sister Lisa.

This is one of my favorite recipes to throw together when I’m not sure what to make. It is fast, easy, and always satisfying. Can be doubled, tripled, etc…without affecting the flavor or consistency. -Lisa

COOK (BOILING IS EASIEST), SHRED INTO CHUNKS & PLACE IN SHALLOW DISH:
4-6 chicken breasts

SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
½ c. butter 2 t. steak sauce
¾ c. ketchup 1 T. Dijon mustard
½ c. brown sugar 3 T. lemon juice
2 t. Worcestershire sauce ½-¾ c. honey

INGREDIENTS:
Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook 5 minutes. Pour over chicken. Bake 400° for 15-20 minutes or until edges begin to brown.

SERVING SUGGESTIONS:
Great served with mashed potatoes or rice. (I like it better with rice)

NOTE: Can be done in the crock-pot.
Renee's thought: I love this because I throw everything into a crockpot in the morning or afternoon and by dinner it's ready to serve. I even throw in frozen chicken breasts. It is so easy and so good. This picture does not do it justice. This would also be really good for a hot sandwich. This is tummy!

1 comment:

Nicholas and Ashley said...

Renee- I tried this last night and loved it. I do want use this sauce for maybe pulled pork sandwichs. Yummy!!!