Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Cajun Baked Fish with Mango Salsa


Cajun Fish:
2 Tbs. oil (I used olive oil)
2 tsp. garlic salt
2 tsp. dried thyme
2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (too much, cut this to 1/4 tsp.)
1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce (I used Tobasco)
1/4 tsp. pepper
In a small bowl combine all ingredients. Brush over all sides of the fish and place fish in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake fish at 450* for 10-13 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Mango Salsa:
1 Mango - peeled, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped bell pepper
1 green onion, chopped
2 Tbs. chopped cilantro (I used a little more)
1 fresh jalepeno pepper, finely chopped (I used a serano pepper instead)
2 Tbs. lime juice
1 Tbs. lemon juice
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Best if refrigerated before serving, at least 30 minutes.
Ryan's Review: Good, the first bite was so good, then the heat hit me in the back of the throat. It was very spicy. The mango salsa was good to off set the fish's heat.
Renee's thoughts: I loved it, but it was very spicy. Next time I will reduce the cayene. Over-all it was great! The rice pilaf was good to help with the heat from the fish.

No comments: