Sunday, March 30, 2008

Chicken Pot Pie

This was the best pot pie I have ever had, however I made the recipe up, so it's not super specific on measurements.

Filling:
4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubbed
4 carrots, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
onion, I just cut up some, maybe a 1/3 cup
salt, I just sprinkled some into the pot
I put all these into a pot with just enough water to cover them and then added some chicken boullion. I brought it to a boil and let it simmer covered for about 10 minutes.
2 chicken breasts cooked and cubbed (I boiled them and then cubbed then and added them to the potato mixture)
After mixing in the chicken, I added the peas. I just added what I thought would be good.
I then added some potato pearls (you could use potato flakes or whatever you have)
I mixed it really well and let it sit in the pot, to keep it warm. Oh, and I added some pepper.
Crust:
1 rounded cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
mix these together
1/2 cup shortening
cut it into the flour mixture
1/4 cup cold water
slowly mix in.
roll out and put into a non-greased pie pan. Makes a top and bottom.

Bake at 425* for about 15 minutes. Makes one pie shell

Ryan's review: The best pot pie ever!! This was so good.

Renee's thoughts: The crust was so flaky and yummy. I am going to be using this crust for pies and other yummy things. It was such a good dinner. I don't like pot pie that is runny, so this was a thicker comsistency, I loved it.

1 comment:

Alyson said...

after reading your recipe last night, I actually dreamt about chicken pot pie! I had to make it for dinner tonight, and it was delicious. I didn't have potato pearls or flakes, but thickened it with some corn starch, which worked great. The crust was flaky and light...thanks for sharing!